Okay, it’s technically Monday here, so I’m going to do a quick check in so that I can maybe meet my goal of going to bed at a “reasonable” hour. Here we go:
1. 4,375 words a week, 625 words a day: Not 625 a day, but 4,665 for the week, which is my more important goal. I’d like to write every day, but it’s okay if I don’t.
2. One non-ROW80 blog post and one check-in post a week: Half done. Nope on the non-ROW80 post. Here’s the check-in. I wanted to do the other blog post today (Sunday) but got caught up trying to finish goal #1.
3. Read three chapters in a novel or three short stories a week: Nope. Definitely need to work on a schedule for reading for this one and #4.
4. Read a writing-related magazine or chapter in a writing craft book a week: Nope.
1. Track calories five days a week: Nope.
2. 150 minutes of cardio a week: Did 10 minutes, which is better than I’ve done in at least a month, so there’s that. Also helped my sister move into a 4th floor walk-up and walked about 12 blocks around her new apartment to a deli and a hardware store, so that has to count for something.
3. Stretching three times a week: Did some stretching after the aforementioned moving, but otherwise no.
4. Go to bed at a “reasonable” time every night (aiming for midnight): Didn’t do a great job keeping track of when I went to bed, but I did have two nights when I know I went to bed at a reasonable hour, including one at 11:00! Two is better than nothing, and better than I did before I set this as a goal.
So while some goals were complete failures, others had at least a tiny bit of movement that would not have occurred if I hadn’t made them goals, so that’s encouraging. There are a ton of other things I’m tempted to add as goals but obviously I need to get these under control first. I know I used to have a schedule that had room for all of this wonderful stuff in it, so I think I need to dig that up and dust it off. But it’s 12:15 a.m., so first I need to get to bed!Did you like this? If so, please bookmark it, RSS feed.